Homelinks Creston is a Distributed Learning program of choice. Students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 can enroll. With their parents and a BC Certified Teacher, these students construct an individualized Student Learning Plan. The Student Learning Plan is a living documents that helps guide the student’s learning and is tied to the BC Ministry of Education Curriculum. Students do the majority of their work at home but enjoy the support of qualified teachers to help them plan their journey through their school years. Fridays are activity days at Homelinks Creston where students attend Art, Music, PE and other classes with their peers. Friday is a day of social interaction and fun, organized curriculum based activities. Something for everyone.
What can I expect from the Homelinks Program?
- A collaboratively planned student learning plan (SLP) connecting to BC’s Educational plan
- Access to numerous resources
- A personalized program for your Child’s learning needs
- Unique learning needs to be assessed and determine support that the student learning funds can be used for
- Flexibility of the program for travel, learning passions and more
- Ongoing communication
- To incorporate learning into an interdisciplinary approach
Ready to Apply?
- Fill out the Student Registration Form
- Fill out the Student Request to Transfer Form
- Call to make an appointment 250.428.2217 ext 244
- Both parent/guardian and student must be present at meeting
- Bring with you a piece of photo id, birth certificate and proof of residency (ex. drivers licence or piece of mail)