Weekly News April 20 2018
We hope you are enjoying this fabulous sun! We have a couple of news items:
- The Homelinks Student Council plans to help fundraise for a new TAPS senior bus. They will be setting up a concession stand Blossom Festival weekend at Yaqan Nukiy. They need 6 volunteers on Saturday, May 19 and on Sunday, May 20 for two hour timeslots. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out. Time slots are 11-1, 1-3, and 5-7 pm. They are also looking to borrow large coolers. Thanks for your support! And hats off to the Student Council for taking on this worthy project!
- The Student Council also wants to make a yearbook. They would like 5 pictures of each student (include names of students), preferably involved in a Homelinks activity. Please email them to the above student council address.
- Please note we would like Family Accounts to be spoken for by the end of April. You don’t have to have it spent, but earmarked for spring activities (soccer camp, Scholastic, etc). Final invoices for lessons, etc. need to be in by the end of May. Please call your teacher to find out funds remaining in your account. J
- Silverwood, June 12, costs will be $22 US funds. Please pay in US funds to our secretary, Laurie Boehmer, by June 8th. All family and friends are welcome to join Homelinks students. You will need to drive your own children. (We have organized school buses in the past but found we had empty buses going back to Creston as families chose to stay until closing…and this was a waste of buses – and costly).
- Note Laurie Riehl will be away Monday afternoon, April 23rd, as she is travelling to the Okanagan Heritage Fair. There will therefore be no math tutorial Monday afternoon but grade 8 and 9 math students are welcome to drop in Monday morning from 11 – 12 noon.
Your Homelinks Teachers