Weekly News April 4th 2018
Good afternoon and welcome back. We hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Break. We have a few news items:
- Thursday, April 5 is the first for two new high school classes – the 3% project is from 9 – 10 am and from 10 – 12 is the ICT (computer class). These are held in Jennifer Adams’ classroom.
- Friday, April 6
- Laurie Riehl’s class – as usual. We are also starting ukulele lessons with Zav Young. We have ukuleles for everyone but feel free to bring your own.
- Carmen Murphy’s class – start at 9 am at the Creston Rec Centre. Please be 5 minutes early. You will have cooking and pickleball classes. You will walk back here at 11 am for a ukulele lesson and pick up is at Homelinks at noon. (Ukuleles will be provided.)
- Colleen Mooney’s class – here as usual.
- Jennifer Adams class – here with dance followed by other activities. Wear comfy clothing and shoes.
- We have popsicle bridge kits here for anyone interested (K – 12). The cost is $ 5 and can come out of your Family Account. The idea is to build a strong bridge – it is tested for strength. Winners receive cash prizes and all entries are eligible for amazing door prizes. Clyde won an iPad last year J. Bridges need to be back here by April 13th (make them a few days ahead of time so the glue has time to thoroughly dry).
- Our Ready Set Learn class is full and we have started a wait list. The dates are April 17 and 24, May 1 and 8 from 1 – 2:30. Thank you Barbara Koehoorn for the amazing cloth book bags.
- There is a self defense class held at the Rec Centre April 14 and 21 from 10:30 – 12:30 with a cost of $28. Please call them for more information (250 428 7127).
- The Provincial English 12 exam is available to be written April 26th at 9 am. Communications 12 is available to be written April 27th at 9 am.
- Please see the attached for a logo design challenge – you can win cash prizes. It is due April 30th.
- We have booked Fort Steele for the K – grade 7 students for an overnight trip May 10/11. Please tell us who will be coming. A parent per family can come, too. We have booked a variety of workshops. Also, if you wish to come but can’t stay overnight, please let us know that as well. We would like to know approximate numbers as soon as possible.
- Graduation is booked for June 8th.
- Silverwood is booked for June 12th.