Parents will meet with the teacher in December, March and June to provide a portfolio of learning samples. The teacher will use these, in conjunction with monthly learning summaries, to complete progress reports at the end of each term.
Term 1 Meetings – Beginning of December
Term 2 Meetings – Beginning of March
Term 3 Meetings – Beginning of June
Portfolio submissions need to include at least three samples of numeracy skills, three samples of writing, and a list of books read (by the parent and/or individually). You are also encouraged to include projects, photos/videos, pieces of artwork, certificates from lessons, etc.
Learning summaries are to be emailed to the teacher by the 5th of each month, covering the month prior. Summaries can be written in a conversational style.
Some ideas to help guide the process:
- What regular curricular and co-curricular activities is your child engaging in?
- Did your learner try anything new this month?
- What challenged them this month?
- What inspired them this month?
- Was there something they really enjoyed (or disliked)?
- Is there anything they’re expressing interest in trying in the future?
Please see your teacher if you have any questions about learning summaries.